Thursday, November 10, 2011

Payday and New Shoes

Horray for payday!!  I have been needing new running shoes for a few months now.  And, I am going at lunch time to get them.....so psyched!  I have been putting it off - I go through shoes rather quickly (I run/walk an average of 70 miles a week) and while I hate breaking a new pair in, they will be sooooooooooo much better on my legs/back/feet!

Anyhow.....

My current cross stitch project is about 80% done.  Here is a picture I took of it at lunch time yesterday - the 2 robins now have bodies and beaks.


And then Megan started a new project last night as well.  We have basically tought ourselves the knitting and crochet patterns we use.  Being as I am left-handed, I have to switch my stitches around anyway.  Megan is right-handed and got mad at me when she found out I taught her things "backwards", so she has been working on doing them as to what she calls the "right" way.   She started this one - a very pretty basket stitch.  Not sure what she's going to make it into yet, but we'll see.



She was thrilled when she figured out it was coming out correctly, lol.  I'll be happy to finish the first cross stitch project and be able to move on to my mother-in-laws hummingbirds.  I should have already started on that one, but I have been working so much, I just haven't had time.  I do bring it to work with me and work on it during my lunch hour.

Today during lunch though, I will be running to Shoe Carnival and Petsmart - 2 of my favorite stores :)

More later,
Lynn

0 comments:

Post a Comment