Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday, Monday...Monday mornin......

Well, here we are on Monday again **sigh**

I would much rather be home today.  I made the mistake of making some chocolate macadamia nut coffee at 7pm and drank WAY too much of it and I was up until 1am....ugh.  Hubby and I are both dragging butt this morning.  I was on a roll on the backstitching of my mom's Christmas present too, so that didn't help matters any


Well, that's annoying,,,,it's sideways O.o.  But, you can see, the robins are done and the flowers are ourtlined.  Therer are also branches coming off the trees now.  I forgot a leaf under the chickdees and have to go back and put that in - doh!  That wouldn't have been good!

In other news, I have emailed a friend of mine who has and Etsy shop to see if Megan and I even attempting to sell anything on there would be feasible.  We aren't looking to make a lot of money, or any money at all....it's a hobby we love to do and just want to share if we can.  I know people like things like that - I hear all the time "I wish I had/could do something like that, but I don't have the time/patience/dexterity/blah, blah, blah.

I have been cross-stitching since I was 14 years old.  I started doing it because I was bored out of my mind when I had a bout with plurisy (not sure of the spelling) in my lungs.  I started knitting when I was 8 because my mom knitted me 1 scarf.  I started crocheting when I was 16 because I wanted a change from knitting.

I have never kept anything that I have made, except for 2 blankets.  One I made for my son when he was born.  The other is on my couch in the living room.  I have made literally hundreds of things and gave them away.

I just really like it - it's therapeutic to me.

More later,
Lynn

0 comments:

Post a Comment