Monday, November 21, 2011

Fun Family Weekend

So, with the exception of working Saturday, this weekend went pretty well :).  I am a little annoyed that I overspent (darn you Hobby Lobby and Petsmart!) and won't have as much to spend this weekend as I would like, but that's ok, there are still 4 more paydays before Christmas and also my Christmas bonus to come on the 16th of December :)

Yesterday, for the first time in 20 years, we had family pictures taken.  We have never had pictures taken of the 4 of us.


Here we have your typical portrait:

Then, the not so typical :p


That's my boy....the 20-year-old physics major


They just CAN'T behave!


One more nice one:


Mom, she's strangling me.....


But I'll just break out the wrestling moves


See, we can behave...maybe....


We had Kendall in hysterics the whole time.  It was funny because we somehow got on the subject of other family members and we told her we were the only "stable" ones.  Michael and I will be celebrating our 21st year of marriage on the 10th of December.  Neither of his brothers made it even half that long.  The oldest is severely....how can I put this nicely??  He's a leach on my mother-in-law and a drug addict (both his brothers have caught him using at her house....he lives with his mom and is, I think, 48 or 49?).  The middle brother is re-married to a great girl.  But even they have their issues.

I guess I should mention, I do have permission to post these.  Kendall is a GREAT photographer.  If you live in the central NC area (Greensboro, Winston Salem, Burlington, etc), she's very reasonable on her prices.  I found out about her because her father-in-law owns our company and I met her through his neice (who also works here....small family business) who is a friend of mine.

As far as stitching this weekend, I am focusing on knitting right now.  I got about 1/2 the way done with my brothers' scarf.  I have a GREAT idea for a pattern floating around in my head that I am going to do for one of my best friends....more on that when I start on it.  I'm trying to find stuff that would sell at craft fairs and I think it may be a winner!  It'll be my first attempt at designing something myself.

Looking forward to TURKEY DAY!!  We get our turkey from a local farm.  I have to pick 4 of them up tomorrow - one for us, one for my mother in law, one for my sister in law and one for the hubby's boss.  I do ours on Saturday.  We go to my mother in laws on Thursday. AND the bestie and I are going shopping Thursday night!  I would rather get it out of the way - I just have to go to the Levi's Outlet and get 4 pair of jeans and to the Yankee Candle Co and I am done, other than online shopping WOO HOO!!  SO easy peasy!

Ok, enough rambling...more later taters!

0 comments:

Post a Comment