Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The first post of hopefully many :)

Good afternoon!  My name is Lynn and my daughter Megan and I love to sew!  Be it cross-stitch, knitting or crocheting, we love it all. 

It's been a passion of mine since  I was about 8 - I started with knitting 100's of tiny squares and tried, unsuccessfully, to make a quilt.  I took apart and put back together all those squares more times than I can count. 

Now, I at least try to actually finish what I start :).  Sometimes, I am successful, sometimes not.  But, it's my escape, so I keep on doing it.  It's my realease at the end of a long work day.

Currently, I am working on "Bird Seasons" by Elsa Williams.  I'll post a picture later this evening.  I'm almost done with the main body and then will do the backstitching.  It's my mom's Christmas present this year.  Then I have another bird one to start for my mother-in-law.

I would like to learn how to do Hardanger (like doilies and table runners and such) and needlepunch projects.  Those are next on my list.  I tried quilting before, but since I dont' have a sewing maching, that didn't work very well.

Anyhow.....I'm finishing up my day at work, then heading to the gym for a session with my personal trainer, then home to stitch!!  I look forward to reading other sticher's blogs!

~*Lynn*~

0 comments:

Post a Comment