Thursday, December 8, 2011

My Christmas Present

Merry Christmas to me!  But, I can't keep it yet.....I have to give it to my mother-in-law so she can wrap it :(.


I wanted either this or the Kindle Fire for Christmas.  When my mother in law asked what I wanted, I kinda off-handedly mentioned the Nook Tablet or Kindle.  Not that I expected her to get either for me or take me seriously.

Honestly, I don't care what I get.  I don't NEED anything.  Yeah, I could use a new laptop, clothes, stuff like that, but I don't NEED it.  The past 21 years Michael and I have been married, Christmas has always been for the kids and family.  We rarely, if ever, exchange gifts.  We give each other stuff through the year. 

Well, dear mil calls Michael and tells him she looked up the price and as much as she wished she could get it for me, she had to stay in her budget.  She does, after all, have 3 sons, 2 daugthers-in-law, 4 granddaughters, 3 grandsons and 2 great-grandsons to buy for.  Not to mention, 2 ex-wives of said sons and random boyfriends of the granddaughters.  I told him I did not tell her that is what I wanted.  I told her it would be nice but I realy didn't need anything.  So my most wonderful hubby says "What if I go in half with mom on it" I said YAYAAYAYAAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!

Then, he says "So, you go buy it and give it to mom so she can wrap it". 

Me - **blink**........*blank stare*
Him - "Really, go get it and we can give it to mom when we have dinner with her on Thursday"
Me - "Why can't you go get it"
Him - "You want it right?"
Me - "**sigh** ok."

So, that is what I did at lunch today, I went and bought my own Christmas present.

Then, I went to Starbucks because when I got back to work, I couldn't finish setting it up becuase we don't have wi-fi at work.  I needed extra lunch time anyway :p

All I have to say is ......IT'S AMAZING!!!!   I can't wait til I get it home on Christmas Eve to play with it.  The graphics are breathtaking, and the video is outstanding.  Super fast loading time.  I'm stoked for the in-color knitting and crocheting books I'm going to get for it.

YAY for fun Christmas presents!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Lynn, I picked your blog name out of the list of registered TAST 2012 participants and came to see what's up with your floss, needles, and yarn! I really like your idea of Wordless Wednesday posts! The cross stitch is beautiful! But I'm a hard core DMC floss fan myself, and always immediatly best-match the kit floss with DMC and then ditch the kit floss into the random-craft-supplies tote.

I'm looking forward to TAST posts every week this coming year on my shared blog. Are you planning to participate each and every week?

Happy stitching!

Gail

Lynn said...

Gail, thanks so much!! I think I agree on the DMC...whatever this floss is, I really, really dno't like it. It's not DMC.

I'm looking forward to them also - not sure if I will do every week or not - just depends on time.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Post a Comment