Thursday, December 1, 2011

Floss Wonderful Floss......or not.....

I have been working with kits for the past 2 projects that I have done.  The first one was from Janlynn.  The second is from Bucilla.  The first one used DMC floss.  I have no clue what this floss is in the Bucilla kit, but I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!  It's not DMC - the numbers are way different.

It's very pretty and vibrant, and I do like the colors.  However, there is somethign with it that is just not "right".  It has a very nice, almost silky texture to it.  But, the more I use it, the weaker it gets.  I do maybe 10-20 x's and it's splitting.  It wears very easily.

It's driving me NUTS!  I'm affraid with all the breakage I won't have enough to finish what I am working on.  I've tried cutting it in smaller lengths, but that is not really cool either, becuase that makes me have to use more, I think in the long run.

Ugh.

This isn't the first thing I don't like about this kit.  The chart is in color.  And, the backstitching lines are shown OVER the cross stitch lines, so I am missing stitiches because they are covered by the backstitch line, which is a lot thicker than on any other patterns I have seen - and I have done TONS.

Ok, enough griping.  Back to work.

Have YOU ever run into an issue like this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment