Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's soooo fluffy! ... or, the yarn I love to hate

December is such a crazy/stressful time for me.  I am coming down to the wire on projects.  I am in no way going to get my mother-in-laws cross stitch done :(.  I'll give it to her as a random gift.  We have a backup - she wants a blu-ray player, so that'll have to do.  My brother's scarf is almost done.  Gotta get mom's cross stitch framed this weekend so I can send them off to Oklahoma.

Mother-in-law's birthday is the 7th.
3rd anniversary of my daddy's death is the 9th.
My 21st wedding anniversary is the 10th.
Both my work and hubby's Christmas dinners on the 16th.
Christmas eve....Christmas....New Years......need I say more?

Top that off with I have been working 60-70 hours/week since May.  I'm pooped.

I haven't been to the gym regularly in 3 weeks and it's KILLING ME!!  I LOVE my gym time.  We are coming down to the wire on our January 19th audit and I work in regulatory affairs at a food flavoring company.  If you've had a frappachino from a place with golden arches, you've had our products.  If you use cake mix....you've used our products...same with biscuits, cookies, dog food/supplements, fish bait, vodka, rum, flavored water, you've used our prodcts.....get the picture? lol..  I haven't had a day off since May and I still have 7 vacation days to use before March.......

Anyhow.....this wasn't a gripe post, really.

I have discovered a new yarn!  Well, new to me.   It's eyelash yarn.  All  I can think of when I use it is the little girl from Despicable Me with the big fuzzy unicorn shaking it and saying "IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!!".  I love this stuff....or rather, I HATE it because when you drop a stitch, you can't find it....and you can't take it apart because it knots like CRAZY!!! UGH!!


This is the PERFECT color for my hubby...if you follow football, it's Carolina Panther colors!!  I'm going to make a 3-strip lapghan for him.  Then, I am going to make a body pillow for me, lol!!! I freaking love how soft this stuff is!  The swatch above is longer than it looks.  It's squished up on the needle.  It's 70 stitches wide. 

Have you ever used it?  What did you make with it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment