Thursday, December 29, 2011

Knitting for Dummies and my current WIP's

Ok, one more day of work left before a 3-day weekend.  I am soooo looking forward to the time off so that I can get some of this stuff done.  I want to deep-clean my house on Saturday and just sew Sunday and Monday, though I think one of those days we have to go to my mother-in-laws for homemade pizza, but that's quite alright with me!!

My cross-stitch is kinda on hold.  I'm eagerly awaiting an order from Anita's Little Stitches for the stitch-along that I joined for next year - Country Cottages.  I've been in a knitting mood lately.

So, here are my current 2 knitting projects - the flourescent green and pink will eventually be a pillow for my 2nd oldest niece.  The purple is going to be an  orange and purple pillow for my oldest nephew.  Though, for some reason, it looks royal blue in the picture.  It's actually really dark purple.  They are both being done in a popcorn stitch (knit 1, purl 1).


I also bought this today for my Nook:

Hopefully this well help me figure out some of the more complex stitches that I REALLY want to learn how to do.  It's so hard to do things left-handed in a right-handed world :(.  From what I have read so far, I really like it.  It's very straight-forward.

In my last post, I shared my new car :).  Here is the one we ended up getting for our daughter.  It's a beautiful blue.  She didn't really like yellow anyway :p.

This is at the airplane hanger we rent to use as a garage.  We don't have one at home, so hubby brings the cars here to work on them.  In the right corner, you can see the front end of the 1991 notchback foxbody that he's currently building.  Megan's car needed a new window, which came yesterday and Michael and she aer going to put it in tonight so she can start driving it.



The next few weeks here at work are going to be hell.  Seriously.  We have our upcoming SQF audit on the 19th.  Between now and then, we have 6 customer visits.  We have a Halal audit this Friday.  I am so stressed it's stupid.  So sewing and such is my only outlet.  I treasure the time I have to sew and read and just chill at home.  At least after this audit I can take some vacation time.  I haven't had a day off since May and I've worked 50-60 hours a week since April. 

I'm burnt out.

*sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment